Verve is a Sponsorship and Brand Experience Agency that uses the power of live experience to win the hearts and minds of consumer and business audiences.
We design, create and deliver events and experiences for global brands including names like Diageo (Guinness, Pimm’s), LinkedIn and Danone. We are a professional, dynamic and ambitious company who are number one in our field. We operate in a creative, dynamic and robust business sector, and we are looking for people who are of a similar nature.
- Supporting Account Managers and Account Directors with a wide range of projects – this could be working on a sampling campaign, the Guinness Six Nations, Pimm’s at Wimbledon or a Guinness Fanzone at a Rugby stadium.
- Building strong relationships with clients, liaising with them on a day-to-day basis at middle to junior level, depending on the client’s management structure
- Looking after the day-to-day administrative detail, including compilation and presentation of written documents and administration of the budgeting system
- Regular updates and liaison with other team members working on the client account
- Handling all aspects of the administration of the client account in a professional and timely manner
- Researching and booking venues / travel
- Sourcing props, gifts, merchandise, POS
- Site recces
- Attending events when necessary
- Representing Verve Live Agency and its clients in a professional manner at all times
- An accomplished Event enthusiast at an Account Executive level with an exciting approach and good understanding of sport and the event business. You’ll be dynamic and have a flair for creativity, working well as part of a team and under pressure. Your attention to detail will be second to none and you’re always striving to meet, or even beat deadlines when taking client service to the next level.
- Ideally with over 12 months experience at this level, you’ve got a good knowledge of events, sports sponsorship and excellent communication skills.
- You’re active on social media and often spot opportunities to engage people with the brand and the innovative work that we do.
- You act with a sense of urgency to get things done and show initiative when the team is busy, you contribute constructively and when you don’t know the answer you say so and then make it your business to find out. You roll your sleeves up and get involved in everything you’re asked to do – be that for your clients, or for the agency more generally.
- You have an inquisitive mind – you’re curious about the industry, the agency and our clients.
- You’re ambitious for yourself and the industry, and you soak up your colleagues’ knowledge and experience at every turn.
- You will have the ability to multitask and manage all aspects of a campaign from sourcing props and venues to booking and briefing staff.
- You’ll be able to take briefs accurately demonstrating that you get brands and that you understand what the client is looking for because you have the experience and you’re able to add value to the process
- You have good writing and presentation skills for pitches, presentations and feedback reporting
- 40% – Development, implementation and logistical coordination of campaigns / events, varying in project size eg: smaller merchandise projects and assisting on large scale events & sports sponsorship
- 40% – Day to day management of the Ticketing Platform, allocating tickets across a multitude of sports events across the year. Liaising with clients on ticket allocations, deadlines, seating arrangements, ticket distribution, VIP briefs
- 10% – Report/status and CPS management and generation across a variety of projects
- 10% – Administrative tasks
- Start date : ASAP
- Salary; Dependent on experience
- Permanent contract with a 6 month probation period
- Flexibility required, not every day is Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.30pm. Weekend work is required on occasion.
- Based in London Bridge but some travel is likely
In short – Are You?
- Ideally 1+ experience within working environment, events in particular
- A real desire to immerse yourself in the events / sponsorship industry
- Excellent attention to detail
- A positive and “can-do” attitude
- Strong Office skills (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Business level of English (conversational and written)
- The contract is based on a full-time position.
- The holiday leave for the position is 20 days per annum.
- The position is subject to a probationary period of 6 months.
Verve is an equal opportunities employer, we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown. Verve is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.